Additional Help in Your Area
The Chatham County Housing Authority is a valuable resource for assisting and educating low-income persons/families of equal opportunities in housing. Occasionally, we encounter clients who need assistance outside the scope of our programs, who require additional support. We suggest that you look into the Chatham County Department of Social Services for assistance with special emergencies for food, utilities, medical, and childcare. Remember…we are here or you.
Chatham County Department of Social Services has adjusted operational protocols in response to advisories regarding social distancing. We are continuing to provide all services
MAJOR PROGRAMS & SERVICES:
- Child Support Enforcement—Provides services related to establishing, collecting and enforcing child support payments required of parents by court order to support the needs of their children.
- Work First—Provides temporary financial assistance to families to meet basic needs while seeking employment, with the goal of helping obtain a job as quickly as possible.
- Medicaid—Provides assistance to eligible low-income residents for medical bills and prescription medications, with programs for both elderly/disabled and children/families.
- Food and Nutrition Services—Provides short-term assistance for low-income households to improve their nutrition, health and well being.
- Child Protective Services—Provides services to children and their parents/caretakers in response to actual or suspected child abuse, neglect or exploitation.
- Foster Care Services—Provides licensed and approved foster families who can provide temporary care for children in the custody of the Department of Social Services.
- Adoption Services—Provides for the assessment and approval of individuals to become the permanent placement for children who are legally freed for adoption.
- Energy Assistance—Provides a one-time cash payment to help eligible low-income families pay their heating bills (applications in November);
- Emergency Services/Crisis Intervention—Provides assistance to eligible low-income households experiencing a heating or cooling emergency in their homes.
- Child Care Subsidy—Provides services and subsidies for low-income families to pay for childcare by providing support, technical assistance and education to childcare providers.
- Adult Services—Provides an array of services and financial assistance so that the aging and developmentally disabled adults can either remain in their homes as long as possible or can reside safely in an appropriate facility.
MAIN OFFICE: 102 Camp Drive, Pittsboro, NC
MAIN OFFICE HOURS: 8 am-5 pm on Monday-Friday, except for holidays. There is a drop box available at the entrance of DSS available 24 hours a day. Any documents received after 5:00PM will be considered as received the next business day.
Please call with any questions at 919-542-2759 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.